Every week, one of our volunteers shares their quarantine faves. Meet this week's volunteer, Samantha from Canada!
Hi! I'm Samantha and I am a high school senior back with another weekly recommendations. This time, I have a super easy recipe and three new songs in heavy rotation.
Recipe you can try
I’ve made this quite a few times during quarantine! Quick and wholesome, you’ll find yourself making this vegan dish over and over again. You can be creative with this recipe and customize it however you wish! I personally love topping it with sriracha. Other optional add-ins: lemon juice, spices, dried or fresh herbs, mushrooms, leafy greens, bell peppers, onions, protein of choice, avocado, etc.
Recipe: Hummus Pasta Recipe Credit: Madeleine Olivia
- 250g pasta
- Half a tub (100g) hummus
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions. Remember to salt the water!
2. Meanwhile, chop the cherry tomatoes in half.
3. When the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan over a low heat with the hummus and cherry tomatoes.
4. Mix together until everything is combined, season and serve. If you find it is too thick, add some pasta water.